Using Calendae as your Outlook™ to manage your calendar and your address book: it enables you to view and back up data from your PC. Moreover, Calendae allows you to consult your calendar and address book from any Internet and WAP access. And you can share your data with other people in read-only access or full access.
Your data from Calendae is copied to a local file. This file is synchronised with your Outlook™ application and reloaded on Calendae to update our database. The local file is deleted after synchronisation.
The transfer of your data requires a standard Internet connection (HTTP 1.0 protocol, TCP port 80) and access to it is protected by a random 128-bit password during synchronisation.
Two applications have been developed to manage synchronisation between your Outlook and Calendae.
CalendaeOutlook displays a Windows pop-up to manually launch synchronisation.
CalOLdos is a DOS console application: you may programme a batch to synchronise your data automatically at a given time using the task scheduler.
For both applications, you may choose one of the following 3 standard types of synchronisation for your calendar and your address book:
* Copy Calendae to Outlook : your Calendae data will overwrite Outlook.
* Copy Outlook to Calendae : Outlook will overwrite your Calendae data.
* Synchronise : all data created, modified or deleted on Calendae since the last synchronisation is created, modified or deleted on Outlook and vice versa.
CalendaeOutlook synchronises Outlook with your Calendae account. It installs itself on your PC. Since this application is going to process your Calendae data from your PC, it requires an Internet connection every time it synchronises.
CalOLdos is included in the CalendaeOutlook installation package. This is how to launch it on a DOS console:
CalOLdos.exe [Product] [Type of synchronisation] [Login]
Product : 1=Calendar, 2=Contacts, 0=All
Type of synchronisation : 0=Sync, 1=Copy Outlook to Calendae, 2=Copy Calendae to Outlook
Login: login for the Calendae account you want to sync with
Sample (to sync the calendar and contacts for the Calendae account 'frank'):
CalOLdos.exe 0 0 frank
- Firstly, you have to configure your Calendae account: from your calendar, select SETTINGS, then select Outlook and register.
- Then, you have to download the installation file in the download section.
- Install the software: the installation procedure, developed with InstallShield, will add CalendaeOutlook to the 'Add/Remove Programs' section in your Control Panel. Therefore, you can remove it completely using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Once installed, do not forget to activate your Internet browser’s cookies.
- Outlook 2000
- Outlook 2002
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010